Provide a “one patient, one record” environment to encourage better patient care and more informed medical treatment
The effect is far-reaching. The OpenText solution has positioned us well for the sharing of clinical information through health information exchanges, which is basically a precursor to the national health record. The more information we have in electronic format, the closer we are to achieving total electronic sharing for information.
David Partsch, IT Program Director – Enterprise Imaging & Content Management, GeisingerRead More
Learn More About How OpenText Can Help in Healthcare
- Resource Center
Today’s healthcare providers are dynamic, evolving with the times, and reliant on computer technology. They have to be. The industry is in a state of rapid change, and the way healthcare services are accessed, managed, and delivered will continue to evolve over the coming years.
An area where change is clearly evident is the patient record. Regulations have driven the adoption of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, and these systems have advanced the quality, safety, and reliability of patient care by making data more widely available.
Even though EMR systems have proven their value in managing structured data, they are insufficient for aggregating and managing all the information related to an individual patient, including paper documents. This information may include diagnostic and treatment records as well as lab and test results, images, doctor notes, and non-clinical records such as insurance, billing, and other forms and administrative paperwork.
For these requirements—and others such as compliance, security, privacy, archiving, document exchange, access control, sharing, dashboards, and remote access on mobile devices—healthcare providers are looking beyond the EMR to invest in a holistic solution that complements and extends the capabilities of the EMR system. That’s where OpenText can help you make a difference.
How Can OpenText Help in Healthcare?
OpenText offers healthcare solutions that support a document’s lifecycle through integrations with existing medical applications and systems for:
- Patient information exchange via electronic faxing with OpenText Fax Solutions
- Management of records with OpenText Healthcare Enterprise Information Management (EIM)
OpenText Fax Solutions
With the largest number of integrations available in the healthcare industry, OpenText Fax Solutions are optimizing how healthcare organizations send, receive and streamline workflows with electronic faxes to improve operational efficiency and increase patient care. Seventy-five percent of healthcare organizations continue to use fax as their primary method of patient information exchange and OpenText is committed to helping them eliminate standalone fax machines for secure, compliant and efficient document exchange.
Our fax solutions include:
- OpenText RightFax: As the number one Fax Server in healthcare, RightFax leads in integration and patient information exchange for electronic faxing in healthcare
- OpenText Fax2Mail: This cloud service is perfect for healthcare organizations that want the ease and simplicity of the cloud with the security and compliance required in the healthcare industry
OpenText Healthcare Enterprise Information Management
The OpenText Healthcare EIM solution addresses four broad requirements:
- Competent management of records
- Secure access to the right medical records at the right time by authorized personnel in any location
- Integration with existing medical applications and systems
- Ability to drive performance improvements and manage costs
Empowering healthcare professionals to provide better patient care and improve patient outcomes is the ultimate goal. By creating a “one patient, one record” environment, the OpenText Healthcare EIM solution gives doctors and providers access to a broad patient history so they can better evaluate and correlate test results, compare images and patient histories, make more informed diagnoses, and deliver better care.
OpenText Solutions for Healthcare
Eliminates paper documents, manages unstructured content and provides a longitudinal centralized repository for patient records, while integrated to an EMR or Clinical Portal.
- Enhance patient care by providing doctors with access to comprehensive records of each patient’s health and medical history.
- Enable clinicians to instantly view a patient’s complete medical record through a familiar EMR interface, without manually pulling paper files.
- Reduce or eliminate the costs of physically storing and transporting patient charts and paper files.
OpenText Life Sciences Express: A Big Boost in Efficiency for Regulatory Professionals
by Robin Gellerman
Salesforce Solutions at Enterprise World
by Robin Carder
Why OEM (white-label) OpenText technology?
by Chris Wynder
Upcoming WebinarsSe alla webbseminarier
OpenText har välkomnat ett antal produkter i OpenTexts varumärkesfamilj. För en fullständig lista över tidigare produktnamn som nu ingår i OpenText, se: